Over the years I have gotten many questions about the best way to wear certain pieces of jewelry and many of those questions focus on rings; which finger, what is appropriate, etc. Here are a few pointers I have collected, I hope they answer your concerns.
- Determine the purpose: Before you start wearing a ring, it's important to consider why you are wearing it. Are you wearing it for fashion, for sentimental reasons, or as a symbol of your relationship status? Knowing the purpose of the ring will help you choose the right finger to wear it on.
- Right hand or left hand: Generally, the ring finger of the left hand is reserved for engagement and wedding rings, while other rings can be worn on the right hand. However, this is a personal preference, and you can wear rings on any finger you like.
- Finger size: It's important to get your finger size measured before purchasing a ring. Rings should fit snugly on your finger without slipping off, but not be too tight that they restrict circulation
- Mix and match: You can mix and match different styles and types of rings to create a unique and personal look. For example, you can wear a statement ring on your index finger and a delicate stacking ring on your pinky finger.
- Consider the outfit: When choosing which rings to wear, consider the outfit you will be wearing. Chunky rings might not be appropriate for a formal event, while delicate rings might get lost in a casual outfit
- Be mindful of your job and lifestyle: If you have a job that requires manual labor, it's best to avoid wearing rings that could get caught or damaged. Similarly, if you have an active lifestyle, you may want to avoid wearing rings that could get in the way.
- Store your rings properly: When not in use, store your rings in a safe place where they won't get damaged. A jewelry box or a soft pouch are both good options.
- Clean your rings regularly: Regular cleaning will help keep your rings looking their best. Use a soft cloth and mild soap and water to gently clean your rings. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
- Consider the occasion: Rings can also be worn to mark a special occasion or to commemorate a significant event. For example, you may choose to wear a class ring to show your school pride or a birthstone ring to celebrate your birthday.
- Respect cultural and social norms: Different cultures and social groups may have different customs and traditions when it comes to wearing rings. For example, in some cultures, wearing rings on certain fingers may have specific meanings. Be respectful of these norms and customs when wearing rings in different settings.
By following these tips, you can confidently wear your rings and show them off in style!